Advisory Support Associate
Advisory Support Associate
Client Advisory Services
In support of Educators Financial Group’s Vision, Mission, Values and Value Proposition, the Advisory Support Associate is accountable for maintaining and sharing in-depth knowledge and deep understanding of Educators Financial Group’s products and services. Success in this role will result from the information, support and guidance provided to the advisory and communications teams, on the subject of these products and services, so they can, in turn, be more informed, targeted and effective in their roles.
Viewed as a true ‘subject matter expert’ this role will be tasked with speaking to a product’s attributes when leading meetings and calls, working closely with advisors to provide product-specific training. Understanding prospect/client needs and quickly connecting these to the suite of products is essential.
The role will work closely with the marketing department to create communications and educational materials.
The role will act as a liaison to industry partners and players, including fund companies, to gather up-to-date information and insight on investing and planning.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Attending quarterly Investment Committee Meetings with our Portfolio Managers to gain insight on all fund updates (including ESG reporting) and performance
- Keeping up to date on investments and financial markets
- Keeping abreast of Client Focus Reforms (CFR) and other industry requirements
- Acting as a resource for the advisory team using info on investments and financial markets to assist with communications to clients
- Helping train advisors on products, funds, services and software (RPM, CRM, Morningstar; NaviPlan, etc.)
- Assisting in preparation of quarterly fund updates for website and speaking points for internal use
- Assisting in preparation of various communications to clients on a regular basis and in partnership with advisory team
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, corporate finance, commerce, or related subjects
- Eight to ten years relevant industry, experience and a consistent track record in a product, consultative sales, or other market data related role and inclusive of financial planning experience
- Hold or qualify for Investment Funds Institute of Canada license (IFIC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Hold a minimum of PFP (Personal Financial Planning) designation or equivalent (CIM) or working towards obtaining a CFP designation (Certified Financial Planner Professional)
- Strong communication, organization, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
- Confidence in meetings, presentations and dealing with senior executives and decision makers over the phone or in person
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Previous experience with Morningstar and NaviPlan is considered an asset
Interested in applying for this position?
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume by email with the job title and area in the subject line to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Educators Financial Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If selected for an interview and require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the process, please notify Educators Financial Group at firstname.lastname@example.org so appropriate arrangements can be made.