Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Educators Financial Group is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO)! Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO is a critical leadership role mandated with helping the Company efficiently operate and grow. We are looking for a qualified, business-minded finance professional to join the executive leadership team, and who will be responsible for all financial activities. This will include leading financial reporting, budgeting, cash management, financial controls, risk assessment, and compliance. The CFO will also have the responsibility for developing, implementing, and monitoring financial strategies, policies, procedures, and systems. Supporting the business leaders in making the right decisions that improve financial management and the overall performance of the organization is critical.
This is a great opportunity for someone who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is looking to build upon a business that values collaboration, culture, and community above all.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing finance and accounting, developing financial policies, practices, systems, and procedures for the company in compliance with regulations
- All accounting, internal planning and control, financial reporting, corporate budgeting, treasury, and corporate reporting functions
- Leading the business through continuous growth by developing a financial strategy, and devising action plans to ensure that the strategy is being executed on and financial objectives are being met
- Developing strategies to increase revenue and reduce cost, maintain financial controls, compliance, and identifying potential risks, clearly communicating those on an ongoing basis as a key member of the executive team
- Understanding and analyzing the company’s financial performance as it relates to forecasted profitability
- Building strong relationships and working effectively and productively with the executive team and Board of Directors
- Above the finance function, providing leadership for corporate services as well as oversight of data and technology
- University degree required and an accounting designation, and membership in good standing of a Canadian professional accounting association
- Seven to ten years accounting, including progressively responsible management experience, in the financial services industry. Experience in controllership (accounting, reporting) required. Experience in fund accounting, IT and a sales, service or marketing environment is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership skills; including motivation, delegation, coaching/mentoring and empowerment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Professional interpersonal skills with an ability to build consensus and influence negotiations
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Demonstrates an eagerness and desire to continue to grow personally and professionally which is evident in on-going activities through utilization of self-learning initiatives and mediums. Strives to exceed performance expectations by continually challenging oneself and “raising the bar”
Interested in applying for this position?
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume by email with the job title and area in the subject line to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Educators Financial Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If selected for an interview and require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the process, please notify Educators Financial Group at firstname.lastname@example.org so appropriate arrangements can be made.