EDUCATORS FINANCIAL GROUP
TFSA 2020 CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”)
No purchase necessary. The Contest runs from August 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is managed by Educators Financial Group Inc. (“Educators” or the “Sponsor”). All amounts in these rules refer to Canadian dollars. To be automatically entered into the draw to win $1,000, you must:
(a) complete and submit the documentation required to open a new Tax Free Savings Account (“TFSA”) with Educators and agree to invest a minimum of $50 into an Educators Fund and set up a monthly Pre-Authorized Contribution (PAC), minimum of $25, which must remain active on the account for a minimum of twelve (12) months;
(b) deposit a minimum of $50 into an Educators Fund in an existing Educators TFSA and set up a monthly Pre-Authorized Contribution (PAC), minimum of $25, which must remain active on the account for a minimum of twelve (12) months. If the existing Educators TFSA is already funded by a PAC, additional monthly contributions, minimum of $25, must be made to the TFSA;
(c) write an original essay of 1,000 words or more about the importance of financial literacy and send the essay along with your name, complete address and daytime phone number and a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage to: TFSA Summer Fun Fund, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2. Essays must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2020.
- Documentation regarding TFSA accounts must be submitted to an Educators financial specialist in person, by fax, by mail or by email during the Contest Period. Documents that are sent by mail must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2020. Upon Educators’ receipt of your TFSA documentation or deposit, as applicable, you will be automatically entered into a draw to be eligible to win $1,000. If no investment instructions are provided with your TFSA documentation, then your deposit will be placed in the Educators Financial Group Money Market Fund as detailed in our Simplified Prospectus. If for any reason your TFSA transaction cannot be completed by September 30, 2020 you will no longer be eligible for the draw. TFSA accounts must remain open for twelve (12) consecutive months. Each eligible entrant who submits an essay that meets the requirements set out in paragraph (c) above will be automatically entered into the draw.
- There are two (2) prizes of $1,000 available to be won during the Contest Period. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of entries received during the contest period. There is a maximum of one (1) prize per person.
- To be eligible for the contest, a person must (1) be a member of the education community (defined at the end of this paragraph) or a spouse, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, in-law, nephew, niece or sibling of a member, (2) be a resident of Ontario or British Columbia, (3) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence and (4) not be an employee, representative or agent of, or domiciled with an employee, representative or agent of, Educators, its affiliates, marketing and advertising agencies, suppliers or contest judges. A member of the education community is someone who is employed by an educational institution in Ontario or British Columbia.
- Two (2) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries on October 15, 2020. The selected entrants will be contacted by email. In order to win, the selected entrants will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email or phone, sign and return a standard liability release and publicity release within 14 days of prize notification, and otherwise comply with the contest rules. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted or has not responded within 5 business days, is not eligible in accordance with these contest rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not sign and return any requested document within the specified time, or otherwise comply with these contest rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and will not receive the designated prize and another entrant will be selected. After November 15, 2020 all prize claims shall be null and void and no more prizes will be awarded.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or substitutable and will be awarded to the winner only. Prizes will be deposited to confirmed winners in the seventh month following their first eligible contribution.
- All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants and without appeal. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, stolen, illegible, tampered, altered or destroyed essay entries.
- By participating in the Contest, you agree and acknowledge that Educators and the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation, their affiliates and advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors and agents (collectively ‘Releasees’) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any injury or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability arising from participation in the Contest or use or misuse of a prize. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, relating to this Contest or receipt, use or misuse of a prize.
- Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any printing, distribution, production or other errors and may terminate or withdraw the Contest without liability and at their sole discretion. In no event will more than the number and type of prizes listed in these rules be awarded.
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value and to cancel, suspend, modify or amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process or violates any of the Contest rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All entries become the property of Educators Financial Group. The winner, by entering the contest, consents to the use of their names, city of residence, comments, photographs, images and/or likenesses, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Educators in connection with this Contest.
- For a Winner’s List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a request to TFSA 2020 Contest – Winner’s List, Educators Financial Group, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2.
- The Contest and the Contest rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.